Application Process for master’s students
If you are interested to join our program, please follow the steps below to apply. We strongly recommend submitting an application as early as possible. Submitting early will give us more time to check the application carefully and contact candidates, if we have any questions.
1. Please make sure that you are eligible to apply before you register for the application process.
2. Register to the application portal.
3. Fill out the application form in the portal.
4. Upload your application documents in the portal.
5. Submit your application form and the uploaded documents to the portal before the deadline
Please note: You can save your application in our online portal and return later to change or complete it. But once you submit it, it is not possible to change anything.
- Motivational Letter (2 pages at most): Present and discuss your academic and career objectives. Explain why you would like to be part of the IMPRS MMFD. Be as specific as you can about your particular interests in neuroscience and why you plan to pursue your PhD in Tübingen. Describe your preparation for the neuroscience program (e.g., research projects in which you have participated) beyond what is apparent from your transcripts.
- Transcript of records (GTC MSc Program): Academic records of the first and second semester of the GTC MSc Program you are enrolled in. Documents should be submitted in English.
- Curriculum Vitae
- optionally, you can upload additional documents (e.g. your bachelor’s thesis, published papers or descriptions of projects in which you have been involved may be submitted as well).
How does the selection procedure work?
Only completed applications will be evaluated. The selection procedure is a two step-process:
Prescreening of the application by the IMPRS Board:
Complete applications will be checked for background, academic records and grades, resulting in an initial shortlist of eligible applicants.
Based on the results of the prescreening, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the IMPRS Board. Candidates will be informed about the decision of the IMPRS Board a week after the interviews.